Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jackson's Baby

Before you get too excited -- no Thomas and I do not have any news for you. Yes, Jackson does though! Jackson has a baby. Thomas and I have never seen it, but we have had to hold it, feed it, clean up its throw up and everything! For the past couple of weeks, Jackson has played with his imaginary baby. At the beginning, it was not a boy, and it was not a girl, but he referred to it as a "she". Now, he says that it is a girl. This past weekend, her name was "Sarah" until we asked about Sarah. Jackson quickly informed us that her name was NOT Sarah!

I have thought about buying him a baby, but honestly it is just too convenient when he want his baby for me to reach around and hand "her" to him without too much effort!! Thomas told me that the baby has become a part of their morning ritual too (Thomas gets Jackson dressed and takes him to school in the morning after I leave for work). Evidently, Thomas straps Jackson in the car, then Jackson asks for his baby. Thomas has to run inside and bring the baby to Jackson. Weeks ago, Thomas could just take a couple of steps inside the house to "get her". That is no longer acceptable. Jackson now tells Thomas that she is on the table or in the living room. I haven't figured out why we play along with this imaginary baby, but the teacher side of me sees great potential in his imagination!!

No comments: