One of my best friends, Shelly, came to visit us in July with her adorable son, Weston. We had so much fun visiting with them. Jackson and Weston had a nice time playing together. We went to the mall and played on the playground, went to the park, and we also took Shelly and Weston to Babe's (if you haven't ever been there, Southern Living identified it as having the best fried chicken and biscuits in the south -- you have to be hungry when you go there). It was so nice to hang out with Shelly in Dallas again. I am looking forward to her next visit (hint, hint, Shelly!)
Another big project that we completed this summer was to move Jackson to our guest room and turn the room into his Big Boy Room. We talked about it for months. Finally it was time to get to work. It seemed like it took me forever to get the closet cleaned out because I had to find new storage space for all of the things that I stored in there. Finally, the room and closet was cleaned out and it was time to paint!
Here's the room before I painted it. Jackson kept asking where his name was, so I happily obliged. I painted half of the room and cut in to the ceiling, baseboards and doors, and then we decided the color wasn't right. I had to start all over with a different shade! Oh well. I'm glad that we changed the color before I had totally finished. . .
Ta da!! The room is painted!! Jackson loved running into the empty room and talking so that he could hear his echo.
I finished painting on Monday, and delivery of Jackson's new furniture was scheduled for Tuesday. I realized that I hadn't heard from the delivery men when I woke up Tuesday morning. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to find the number to call the company. Luckily, I looked out the window and saw the truck in front of our house!! They were delivering at 7:45! Jackson was so excited!! To this day, he still puts his socks on his hands (pretending they are gloves) and acts like he is delivering furniture!
Can you tell he was excited to be in his airplane room?
Getting comfortable. . . Jackson kept crawling up in his bed and just laying there all day. He was so happy to have a big boy bed.
Getting ready for his first nap in his bed.
This summer, Jackson began playing board games. He was given some at Christmas and his birthday, but he wasn't old enough yet to understand how to play. I had put them at the back of his closet and uncovered them when moving his room. He has so much fun playing board games and really gets it!
Jackson and Daddy playing his farm game.
This summer, we also went to a couple of Frisco Roughriders baseball games (the Ranger's Division II league).
Jackson getting ready to head to the field.
One game. friends of ours invited us to their company suite. Of course we accepted the invitation to enjoy the air conditioning! Jackson enjoyed playing Duck Duck Goose with other children that were there. (He learned to play Duck Duck Goose by watching the TV show Jon and Kate Plus 8 -- he loves the show! He makes Thomas and I play sometimes too.)
Back to School -- In August, it was time for Jackson to go back to daycare and me to head back to work. Sigh. Here's Jackson on his first day back to school:
No comments:
Post a Comment