Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NOLA or BUST!

We did it!! We (the kids and myself) made it to New Orleans and back, and it was a great experience!! This will be a new tradition for me and the kiddos!

We stopped along the way and spent the night in Houston with my friend, Kim and her two children. That night, my friends Shelly and Rachel came over as well. Shelly's kids also came over to Kim's house to play. All of the kids had a GREAT time playing together, and us girlfriends loved having time to catch up.

The next morning, we got up and headed to NOLA. The kids did a great job in the car. I was proud of them. We went straight over to Cody's house, ate dinner and got a chance to chat a little. The kids LOVED playing with Uncle Nolan! Around bedtime, the kids and myself headed over to Thomas' parents house (they are not living there anymore, they live with Thomas' grandmother in Northeast Louisiana to take care of her) to spend the night. As I was getting everything settled, Lauren decided to have a little fun in the bathroom. . .

Toilet paper fun!

The next morning, Cody came over with donuts and my youngest niece, Jena for a day at the Children's Museum. We had so much fun there! After the Children's Museum, we went to Bud's Broiler (I finally got a Bud dog which I have heard about since I have known Thomas) and for dessert at Haydel's bakery. It was a great day!

Aunt Cody and Jackson


Lauren driving a car at the Children's Museum.


Everyone looking at X-Rays.


Jackson and Jena in a bubble. I can't believe how tall Jena is!! She is going into second grade this year. To think that Alicia was pregnant with Jena at our wedding!


Everyone in a bubble!


Aunt Cody took Lauren to a special play area for toddlers.


Jackson played eye doctor on Jena.


Lauren built a town.


One of Jackson's favorite parts of the Children's Museum was the restaurant where he got to play. It was cool and right up Jackson's ally!
Jackson also loved the grocery store. He got to shop and check people out.
The next day, Aunt Alicia and my only nephew, Trey joined us. My oldest niece, Sarah came in from college to join us, and Abigail, who is in high school also joined us with her boyfriend Rodger. Our destination --- the Quarter for beignets, walking around and then the aquarium!

Lauren's first beignet. She wasn't a huge fan of them.


But she did love the powdered sugar which she started dipping her Nuk into!

Dipping away!

Yum, milk!


While walking around the market, we noticed they were selling alligator sausage. I bought some for Trey, but before long, all of the kids were eating it! Jackson loved it! For lunch, Jackson even ordered more alligator!! I think his Cajun roots were coming out!


The boy cousins! Jackson adored Trey!


All of the cousins together. It was so hard to get a good picture!! And still, Lauren is doing her "cheese" face.


Sarah and Lauren


Another group shot


My beautiful nieces posing for a picture.


Aunt Alicia and Lauren


Sarah and Jackson


Group shot


Jackson playing around at the aquarium.


Lauren climbing on the play pieces.

Later that night. . .

Peace for mommy!!
Saturday, we drove across the lake to Andy and Alicia's house. The kids had so much fun! Jackson's favorite part was playing baseball with Trey and Jena. I didn't take any pictures of our day. I think I was letting my talented brother-in-law be the official photographer (so, I need some of the pictures Andy)! Jackson ended up spending the night with them and loved every moment. He even was able to con Uncle Andy into him staying up late!
Sunday, we spent the day back at Cody's house for some family time and swimming. It was a nice day!

Lauren tried to give Morgan her sippy cup.


Uncle Andy with Jackson


The kids with Uncle Bull (Nolan). They just LOVED Uncle Bull!! He is a big teddy bear that will play with the kids. So much fun!
Monday, we left New Orleans and headed north to Thomas' grandmother's house in Northeast Louisiana. Thomas' parents live there and have turned the farm into a functioning farm with lots of animals!

Lauren with Grandma. Lauren was born on Grandma's 95th birthday. They are birthday buddies!


Lauren with Aunt Neely. Neely is 93!


Jackson had Honey take him to gather the eggs from their many, many chickens. He loved it!


Jackson with his eggs.


Poppa feeding Daisy May an apple.


Hanging beside the barn.


Neely, Honey and Lauren.


Grandparents and grandchildren


Grandparents, grandchildren, and the turkey.

What a great trip!

1 comment:

Janice Attaway said...

Sounds like a great time in NOLA. I miss beignets!!!