Jonathan and Kaci's second wedding shower was in Kaci's home town of Graham. We ended up getting a hotel room and staying the night in Graham. The shower was a Mardi Gras theme, and much to our family's delight, they served CRAWFISH (which Thomas boiled)!
So, Uncle Jonathan helped Jackson pick out his Mardi Gras beads to wear. One of the beads had a bottle opener on it. As the momma, I was not too happy about this. Jackson didn't really understand what it was, and Jonathan gave me the chill out speech. So, I decided to just let it fly. Later in the evening, Jackson asked me to take him to the bathroom. While we were in the bathroom, he pulled a wad of money out of his pocket! I asked him where he got it, and he said people were giving him money to use his necklace to open their bottles!!

By the end of the evening, Jackson had $27!!! I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed, but it is what it is!
Lauren ended up playing dress up with all of the beads. Her Daddy was a little alarmed with how she had earned all of those beads. . . But, I included this picture because this is a perfect "Lauren telling you like it is look". My sweet baby girl has a side of her that can let you know exactly what she is thinking!! (And no, she did not take after me in this department when I was a little girl! I have grown into that with age! I think this is her father coming out in her! Ha, ha!)
Uncle Jonathan talking with Lauren.
It was a fun night with good food and good company!


No comments:
Post a Comment