Monday, August 15, 2011

The First Lost Tooth

One day towards the end of July, Jackson came home from Kid's First telling the story that another student accidentally hit him in his mouth and knocked his tooth loose. When we went to the dentist this summer, I was told that it wouldn't be long before this would happen, so I knew that the loose tooth wasn't the result from the hit in the mouth.

Here he is with all of his teeth.

The loose tooth!

Of course the tooth got more and more loose. Finally, one night, Jackson's friend Avery told him to eat an apple. The apple helped to get the tooth even looser. I asked Jackson if I could pull it, and he agreed. I gave it a pretty good pull and out it came!! I was so impressed with him! I was also proud that I stomached it too! He was SO excited!

The snaggle tooth boy!


Taking a look at his new hole.

The tooth.




I took pictures of him putting the tooth under his pillow and in the morning, and I can't find them anywhere! I am praying that I didn't get rid of them, but can't find them. Whimper, whimper. Here's the story:
Jackson put the tooth under his pillow after loosing it several times from him taking it out to look at it a couple of times. Evidently, the Tooth Fairy came in the night and tore a hole in her pocket. She left a five dollar bill under Jackson's pillow, and then a trail of change from Jackson's room to the dogie door!! At 5 AM, I heard the sound of change. I quickly got up and found Jackson in the hallway. He had a handful of change and was picking up more change. He looked at me and said, "The Tooth Fairy came!! She left this trail of change! Her pocket must have torn, and it fell out!" He was SO excited! Jackson collected more change, and then he went back to bed. I had finally started falling back asleep when I heard the tinker of more change. Jackson had gotten back up and found more change in the hallway. He finally went back to sleep and got up a little bit later to find the rest of the change.

I can't believe that he lost his first tooth before even entering Kindergarten!!

No comments: