Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Night Before First Grade

I can't believe that summer is already over.  Today, we marked the end of summer with our traditional Last Day of Summer pool party with our neighbors.  It seems like yesterday that we had our last day of school party.  It has been a fabulous summer spending time with my kids. Jackson will start first grade tomorrow, and Lauren has already started Pre-K.  Wow!  Time flies.  It is an interesting feeling knowing that my baby boy will be starting the grade that I taught for several years.  I couldn't be more excited for him to become a fluent reader and to learn the basics of math calculations this year.

To mark this fun time in their lives,  I thought I would conduct a quick interview to record some of the kids thoughts and memories.  I typed exactly what they said, so here are their words:

Jackson
What was your favorite part about summer?
Tonight.  I got to see all of my friends.  We got to swim, and stay to play.  I even got to stay for dinner.

What was favorite memory from summer?
Going to different swimming pools and having ice cream.

What was you favorite thing that we did this summer?
Going on the road trip for our vacation.

What is first grade going to be like?
Very cool.  Awesome!

What are you going to learn in first grade?
More than Kindergarten.

Who are your friends?
Austin, Eva, William, Logan, Avery, Luke, Jack, Macy, William and Grayson.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don't know!  I keep changing my mind. . . Meat Scientist, Police/Army Man, Chef. . . that's all.

What college do you want to go to?
Texas A&M!

What is your favorite sport?
Soccer!

What is your favorite food?
ribs, mac and cheese, cake, ice cream, crawfish, and brisket

Lauren
What was your favorite thing that we did this summer?
Seeing pictures of baby Jack.

Who are your friends?
Avery, Luke, CeCee, Sydney, William, Jack, Macy, Jackson, Mommy and Daddy

What is your favorite thing to play?
Babies

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A big princess.

What college do you want to go to?
College Station

What is your favorite food?
Chicken nuggets, french fries, bologna, and ravioli


No comments: