Saturday, April 5, 2008

Snow!

It has been a long time since I have posted anything! I have a lot to catch up on. Here we go. . .

At the beginning of March, we had SNOW!! It snowed one day, a couple of days later we were wearing shorts and then the next day it snowed again! Leave it to the DFW area! It was so much fun introducing Jackson to snow though.


It started snowing right after we put Jackson to bed.


I went and got him back out of bed to see the snow. He just looked out the sliding glass door.


I took him outside to be in it. He didn't like it too much! He kept telling me to go back inside.


Here's our backyard with a dusting of snow.


Unfortunately, we all had to go to school and work. I instructed Thomas to take a picture of Jackson in the snow. Jackson didn't cooperate too much!


A couple of days later, it snowed again during the night. Once again, no snow day. I got up early enough to get Jackson ready. I took him outside and tried to get him to touch the snow. As you can tell by his expression, he wasn't too impressed!


I finally showed him how to pick up snow and throw a "snowball". He like that! He started picking up snow and throwing it saying, "snowball!" It was cute!


When we got home, most of the snow had melted except for the snow behind the fence. He kept saying, "Mommy, where's Frosty?" I felt so bad that we didn't make a snowman. So, I decided that we were going to build a snowman with whatever snow we could find! (Pitiful, I know.) We grabbed snow and took it to the driveway beside the fence.


And here's Frosty! A little bitty Frosty, but it still counts! I kept getting Jackson to hurry because I was worried that it would melt before we were finished! We ran in the house to gather Frosty's eyes, nose, and buttons. All I could find that was the right size were blueberries, Cheerios, and a cracker stick to use as a nose. As soon as we got Frosty fixed up. . .


My son began eating everything!! I kept saying, "That's Frosty! Don't eat him!" He didn't seem to care. After he had eaten everything, we had to go back inside to get more blueberries and Cheerios for it to all start again.

No comments: