In July, my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Billy invited us to go to Glenrose to see the dinosaur footprints. When I was little, they took us to the "Dinosaur State Park". My brothers and I have fond memories of our adventures with Aunt Shirley and Uncle Billy. Jackson and now Lauren are getting to have fun with Aunt Shirley and Uncle Billy too! My children are so lucky to have such positive influences in their lives. Jackson adores Aunt Shirley and Uncle Billy, so he was excited to go with them. He ended up leaving with them Friday night. Lauren, Thomas and I joined them on Saturday. We were disappointed when we got their to find out that the creek was all dried up. Luckily, Aunt Shirley came prepared with water guns and water balloons. Uncle Jeffrey joined us and ended up with the job of filling water balloons.

We ended up going to a park that had life size models of dinosaurs to look at. The only bad thing was that it was REALLY, REALLY hot. Our cars said 105 degrees. Yikes!
Uncle Jeffrey with Lauren at a family member's wedding shower.
Lauren LOVES taking a bath. My normally quiet baby comes alive in the water. She kicks her legs and makes big splashes. When she takes a bath with me, she even loves to lay down in the water and float! A true water baby!
Lauren learned to roll over to get to things. One day I stepped out of the room and came back to Lauren playing with the newspaper.
She was having so much fun with it, I just sat back and watched her!
I don't know if I have written about my new job or not, but I am working in a new school district this year. I am working for Lovejoy ISD at Hart Elementary. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new job. I am still a Librarian or LMS as they call it (LMS stands for Library Media Specialist). Lovejoy ISD is a family friendly school district. They have employee daycare for children 18 months and older. Jackson gets to go to school with me every day. I LOVE having him go to school with me every day! Here is Jackson going to school for his first day (I had staff development).
Jackson got to spend a week with Honey and Poppa in Chase, LA while I worked the week before the teachers came back. Here he is all packed and ready to head to Louisiana. I loved that he put Nuk on his shoulders!
Uncle Jeffrey graduated with a massage therapist degree. We are so proud of him. Here he is with Lauren.
Grandma had to have a little "baby hogging" time as we like to tease her while we were at the graduation ceremonies.
Daddy and Lauren getting a little behind the wheel time (we were parked of course)!
When we went to pick up Jackson from Louisiana, he showed us how he had been playing with his tricycle. He loved cleaning it with his water bottle.
Here he is zooming past me.
Jackson was so glad to see Lauren. She was glad to see him too! It was really weird being away from my little boy for a whole week! He had a blast at Honey and Poppa's though. He loved feeding the chickens, helping out in the yard, going to the zoo, and all sorts of adventures.
Neely loved having Jackson there as well. She also enjoyed seeing Lauren when we came to pick up Jackson.
Lauren also started sitting up on her own in the middle of August. What a big girl! (Yes, she had a nasty bug bite in the middle of her forehead!)
Big girl sitting up!
I finally put the kids in their Big Brother/Little Sister shirts. They were so cute!
The siblings
Mommy and daughter at the game.
He loved cheering on the players.
Lauren started eating teething biscuits. She likes them a lot, even though they are really messy!
Mama J and Papa J finally came home from all of their European travels. (I think they were in Europe 8 1/2 weeks out of 12 this summer. What a life!)
They brought Jackson a Viking outfit back from their last travels. He loved it! He loved playing Viking ship with Mama J.
Well, that finally catches us up from the Summer of 2009! What a summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment