Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Things That Three Year Olds Say

Paula Bernard has given me a great suggestion to write down the cute things that my kids say so that I don't forget them. Here are three stories that I want to remember:

Story number one:
The other day we were about to leave for school. Jackson suddenly asked to take his lunch box to school (his school provides lunch for him). He wanted to just put a "juice bag" and some fruit in the lunch box. I agreed. As we were walking into school, I said, "Are you excited to take your lunch box to school today?" He said, "Mommy, it's not a lunch box. It is a snack box!" I thought that was pretty cute! Later that day when I picked him up, I asked him about his snack box. He opened it, and everything was still in it. I asked Jackson why he didn't eat his snack. That's when he took out the fruit and gave it to me. He said, "Mommy, I brought the fruit for you for after school, and the drink is for me." What a thoughtful boy!

Story number two:
We were driving to school yesterday, and Jackson said, "Mommy, the traffic sure is bad! What do you think they did?" I had to explain the different meanings of the word "bad" to him!

Story number three:
As we left the pharmacy today:
Jackson: "Mommy, there sure is a lot of traffic." (Can you tell we live in the big city??) "Where do you think they are going?"
Me: "I don't know Jackson, where do you think they are going?"
Jackson: "I think they are going to San Diego."
Me: "Really, why?"
Jackson: "San Diego is really cool. They have a lot of fish and hotels. I want to go to San Diego."
Me: (Remembering the Jon and Kate episode where they go to San Diego that he hasn't seen in a year.) "Are you talking about the aquarium?"
Jackson: "Yes. We need to go there. Let's take Mama J and Papa J too. We can stay in a hotel. Mama J and Papa J can stay with us at the hotel. We can take the elevator to see them. We can go see the fish through the glass. Yeah Mommy! Let's do that!"

Isn't it pitiful that my child doesn't want to go places?? Ha, ha!

No comments: