Sometimes you just have to laugh! When I took Lauren to the doctor for her hives, they started the conversation that she was having an allergic reaction. By the time I left with her, she had the diagnosis of virus. I guess I didn't have my thoughts together because by the time I got into the car, I began to question the diagnosis. I knew she did not have a virus. She was acting fine! So, I ended up giving her two doses of Benadryl (I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but I don't want to get up to check the correct spelling) total. By the time morning came, the hives were gone! I think that this was a case of "Mommy's gut" being right!
Yesterday, Jackson's teacher e-mailed me and said he was coughing and sneezing a lot, but was not running fever. When I picked him up, I noticed that he did not look too good. I wasn't feeling too hot either. So I decided to go ahead and take Jackson to the night doctor. We walked in the doctor's office and there were A LOT of people there, all of them wearing masks. I put on my mask and no way was Jackson going to wear his mask! Finally, we saw the doctor. Flu. YIKES!! AND I had been on top of the flu shot this year! Both children had their flu shot September 11th. Although I am guessing Swine Flu, we did not get the official diagnosis.
Then it was off to get Tamiflu. No one has it! Everyone is out. So many people have the flu, that all of the pharmacies are out of it. The only pharmacy that has it is one of the old time pharmacies that mixes medicine.
So, Jackson and I are at home today and tomorrow at least. I have a doctor's appointment for this afternoon. Hopefully, Lauren and Thomas won't get sick too!
No comments:
Post a Comment