Sunday, September 20, 2009

Plano Balloon Festival

We went to the Plano Balloon Festival this afternoon and evening. It is an event that I really look forward to. When we started talking to Jackson about our plans for the weekend, he asked about some of the shape balloons that we saw last year. What a good memory! We haven't talked about the Balloon Festival in a very long time. I was surprised that he remembered so much!

The family


They have a craft area that the kids can go to. Jackson enjoyed making some of the crafts.

Jackson's butterfly he created.
Finally, it was time to find a spot to watch the balloon launch. We love going on Sunday afternoon, because the crowd is so light! We were able to find a spot up close and right in the middle!

Jackson ate a hotdog. He loves hotdogs!


Lauren LOVED the balloons! She kept laughing. It was so much fun!
Jackson loved the balloons too. I couldn't get him to turn around so that I could get a good picture of him with the balloons. He wanted to watch what was going on.
He finally tuned a little.

Jackson loved waving to the people in the balloons.





Finally, I got Jackson to turn around.
Daddy and Lauren
Look at how close we were to the balloons!


Daddy and Lauren


Lauren was so happy watching the balloons. I kept taking pictures of her.


Daddy and Lauren (with the bow on -- she had taken it off, and I put it back on for more pictures).
Happy baby






Look at all of the balloons. What an incredible sight!

Father/Daughter fun!

As we were leaving, several families were taking pictures of their kids with fire trucks. Jackson said he wanted to take a picture. He hopped up on the truck. All of a sudden, he is dive bombing off the truck. . . a firefighter was walking by, and Jackson wanted off the truck! We never figured out exactly why he bailed so fast.
What a fun weekend! We will look forward to the Plano Balloon Festival next year!

No comments: