Monday, September 7, 2009

Italy - The Last Night

It was our last night in Italy. Hard to believe. Our trip seemed so short, but when you take out two days from our trip since it took us three days to get there, it really was short. Papa J looked in our Rick Steves book and found a restaurant that we decided to go to. Jackson did NOT want to eat there. He insisted on going to McDonald's. We stopped at the restaurant first to try to talk him into eating Italian. There is an older Italian woman that runs the restaurant and ended up teasing Jackson about wanting to go to -- gasp -- McDonalds!! It really was funny. Try as we did, he had his mind made up. We ended up taking him to Mickey D's and let him eat some chicken nuggets. I think he just wanted a taste of home! We decided that it really wasn't worth the battle. It was to our benefit to have a happy 3 year old!! After watching him eat, we headed back to the restaurant.


Jackson entertained himself while we ate. He ended up eating with us too! This restaurant was one where they bring out 5 courses and you eat what they serve you. No menus. Too fun!


Papa J with the woman that runs the restaurant and cooks the food. Just looking at her, you know that it is good!!


After eating our last Italian meal, we had to get some more gelato of course!!


We all had our last scoop. Whimper, whimper, whimper.
After partaking in some gelato, we headed back to the piazza that we enjoyed so very much.

Jackson watched the man spray painting the pictures again. The night before, he asked for a picture. I told him that we would have to see if he made an airplane one to match his room. Shamely enough, I didn't really want one in my house, so I did tell him that we should only get one that matched his room. Well, this was the last night, and my son looked at the pictures with such longing. He even asked the painter so very politely if he made airplane pictures. The man said no. Jackson's shoulders sagged. My heart felt sad for him. He was so disappointed. I turned to Mama J, and she reminded me that Jackson had not asked for a thing in Italy. She was right. I told Jackson that he could get a picture and gave him the money. He was SO proud to pick out his picture and give the artist the money. We now have the picture in Jackson's room, and I have promised him to get a poster frame for it. I am so glad that we got the picture of a pirate ship to go in Jackson's airplane room. It is perfect!

Finally, it was time to head back to the hotel to finish packing and get our things together to head home.

No comments: