It's 2 AM, and I'm up. Lauren is getting tubes put in here ears in 4 hours. In one way, I am extremely relieved. Poor baby has had so many ear infections in a row, I have lost count. I can't remember which one was a new one and which time we visit the doctor, the ear infection hadn't gone away. She has been on three antibiotics since Christmas, and that is not fun. So, tubes here we come.
It is a minor surgery. Jackson had them. What is funny, is how I am reacting. I'm not as anxious because I feel like I know what to expect when we get to the hospital. I know that she will be confused when she comes out of anesthesia and will struggle with that feeling. I know that we will have the hurry up to the hospital thing going on, and then end up at the hospital waiting. I know that she will feel better, and our visits to the doctor will drop dramatically. There's just something about putting your baby in a hospital gown and sending them off down the hall somewhere.
Wish us luck in a few hours and say a little prayer for Lauren.
1 comment:
Saying prayers for you guys!
Post a Comment