In the last post, I mentioned going to a conference in Austin for a week. During that time, the kids went to College Station with my parents. While I was away, the
DFW metroplex had a record snowfall!! There I was in Austin, my kids were in College Station, and IT WAS SNOWING in Plano!! It had snowed in
DFW earlier this year. . . Christmas Eve. . . while we were in College Station. We had missed that snow, and I was so sad to not be able to play in it with Jackson. Now, it was snowing AGAIN, and we were missing out, AGAIN! They even called a snow day. Sigh. To make matters worse, everyone kept posting pictures on
Facebook showing the snow, and lots of people were
commenting on how much fun they were having with their kids. All I wanted to do was to get my kids and play in the snow. Finally, Friday came around, and I flew home. As soon as I walked in the door, my wonderful husband had everything packed to head to College Station to get our kids. We left College Station Saturday morning to try to get back to at least some snow. We ended up stopping at my grandmother's house because they had more snow than we had.

Here is the view down our street Thursday morning. Thomas took the picture to send to me in Austin.

Here's a picture of the wonderful park that is at the end of our street. Can you believe all of the snow??

Jackson was so excited to get to play in the snow at Grandma's. I don't know who was more excited though, Jackson or myself!

Aunt Shirley came over to play with us too. We started making a snowman. We ended up having more fun chasing each other with snowballs though!

We made the snowballs just a little too big.

We tried to get a family picture, but Jackson wouldn't pose with us. During all of the fun, Thomas and Lauren stayed inside in the warmth.

Lauren and Mommy

Jackson and Grandma

The view from Grandma's house to the pasture. I was surprised at the amount of snow considering the this picture was taken two days after the snowfall!

Jackson back at our house.
A lot of the snow had melted, but we still had fun playing with what was left!
I was so thankful that I got to experience playing in the snow with my boy. We had so much fun together and created many memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment