Sunday, August 22, 2010

School Starts Tomorrow

School officially starts tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the beginning of my 11th year of teaching. ELEVEN years!?! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday when I started my career. A lot has changed over the past 11 years. Even though I am beginning my second decade in education, I couldn't be more excited about the school year ahead. I absolutely ADORE the school that I work in. I am truly blessed to work with such wonderful administrators, teachers, students and parents. I have said it over and over, but I am so lucky that my children will have the opportunity to go to my school. (By the way, that is an entire different post on the fact that my baby boy will be starting Kindergarten next year! Sniffle, sniffle! AND, yes, I will shed a tear for all of those Kinder parents dropping off their babies tomorrow!) My district is so supportive of working parents, that they have an on site daycare that both Jackson and Lauren are attending this year. They are literally steps away from me all day long! Isn't that too cool? I don't see them all of the time, but it is nice to have them so close.

Well, I'd better turn in and get a good night's sleep! Happy first day of school!

No comments: