Later in July, the kids and I went to College Station for a couple of days. We loved spending time with my parents. One of the days, Mama J and myself took the kids to tour the Bluebell factory. Jackson and Lauren LOVED eating ice cream! Then we headed to Bastrop to spend several days at the Hyatt Lost Pines. If you have never been to the Hyatt Lost Pines, it is WONDERFUL! There is a great pool, a lazy river, bike riding, playgrounds, a beach area -- another words, it is a resort for both parents and kids! The kids had a BLAST!! On Friday, Thomas headed down to pick me up, and we headed to San Antonio for our 8th anniversary. We had a great time just relaxing and sleeping in! We arrived home on a Sunday, and I was back at work on the following Monday which meant the kids were back at daycare. My how the summer can fly by sometimes!!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Summer Happenings
We had a busy summer! I can't believe how quickly it went by! After our trip to New Orleans, we spent a week at home. Then Mama J and Papa J came to stay with us for several days over July 4th. We continued working on the GREAT BATHROOM REMODEL project. This is the project that has taken ALL summer! My wonderful parents came to take care of the kids the first full week of June when I did not have daycare for them. During this time, my hero (my dad), worked with first Thomas and then myself to totally demolish our master bath shower (that started leaking four years ago, and was retired from use) and rebuild it. It has turned into THE summer project. After the men got the shower rebuilt, Dad and I began tiling it. This was my first tile job. Of course like any project, it snowballed. Before long, we were tearing out the little bit of tile around the toilet and ripping out the carpet in our bathroom (I know! Carpet in the bathroom!). I then decided to wrap the tile around part of the wall to give the bathroom a spa-like feeling. THEN I decided that I wanted to lay the tile on an angle. Doing a project like this with small children proves to be challenging. I will let you know when it is officially finished, and don't worry -- everyone that comes to the house will be greeted with a towel, a bar of soap and an invitation to take a shower!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment