My baby brother's wedding day finally arrived!! What an exciting day! Mom and I got up in the morning and headed to get our hair and make-up done. Thomas, our niece, Sarah, and the two kids went with my dad to explore the Fort Worth Stockyards. After cutting the naps short, we all got ready and headed to the church!
This was the only time that all four of us will be dressed up in formal wear until one of the kids gets married. I really, really wanted a family picture. As you can tell, Lauren was NOT cooperating.
My kids ADORE baby Kennedy, who is Kaci's niece. They just love being around her and playing with her!
I took the kids outside to let the photographer take some pictures of the kids. There were some ducks and Lauren thought they were hilarious!
The wedding was beautiful and everything went off perfectly! The funny story about the wedding in regards to my family was that the wedding coordinator was very concerned that I was up on the alter hidden before all of the guests were seated. This threw my plan on taking care of the kids off. I finally decided that I had pushed my limits with not minding the wedding coordinator, and raced to seat myself. As soon as I got up there, I realized that I did not have a program! I had no clue when I was supposed to read the scripture!! I was in a panic thinking how was I going to walk down the steps to go get a program, when I was already in trouble! So, I got my phone out of my purse and started texting my niece. All of the groom's side could see me. I could hear some of my family members talking about how I was texting! Sarah saved me and told me when I was supposed to read just in time. Everything was beautiful! When my children started walking down the aisle, the tears started. They did such a good job, and I was so proud of them. I couldn't see them from where I sat, but at one point, I heard chuckles and could see eyes on Jackson. Later, I found out that he had been playing with his pillow. He had dropped the pillow and ran after it. (By the way -- I don't think I have mentioned that the pillow that he carried was the same pillow that was carried at my wedding. My Grandma made the pillow out of pieces of my wedding dress. The basket that Lauren carried was the cake topper at my wedding too. This was Kaci's idea. Isn't that so cool!??)

The bride and groom with the flower girl and ring bearer.
The decorations were beautiful!!! Kaci and her family really turned the room into a magical place. The food was delicious, the music was fun, it was perfect!!


The groom's cake. This stand was made to surprise Jonathan. It had A&M on it along with a star with the letter "S". It was so cool!!
Jackson and Lauren loved being on the dance floor dancing. . . that is until Lauren fell down and busted her lip and nose!! Yes! Blood dripping on her beautiful dress!! Poor baby!!
Jackson ended up with the camera later in the night. He ended up taking some pretty good pictures like the one above.
Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Kaci had given the kids boots to wear at the reception. Here they are showing off their boots!
What a magical evening!!









No comments:
Post a Comment