Wedding weekend is finally arrived!! I headed to Ft. Worth on Thursday to stay with my parents so that we could do all things wedding (i.e. getting nails done, run errands, etc). Friday, Mom and I woke up at 4:00 AM to watch the Royal Wedding! Yes, we were the crazy ones that woke up early! But, we had so much fun watching it live. After the wedding was over, we snoozed a little more! Thomas brought the kids over to Ft. Worth along with our niece, Sarah, who we flew in to help with the kids during all of the wedding festivities. Because this was my brother getting married, I wanted to make sure that the kids were taken care of, and that Thomas and myself were able to participate in all of the wedding festivities. Sarah turned out to be a HUGE help!!
I don't have too many pictures from the Rehearsal Dinner, but it was a fun time with AWESOME food!
I had the kids practice walking down the aisle. As I predicted, Jackson was nervous going down the aisle, so after a couple of time of him walking it, he felt a lot more comfortable. I was so glad that my kids were in the wedding, but it turned out to be more nerve racking than I predicted. I knew that success would depend on them taking naps on Saturday. Well, if you are a mother and are reading this, you know that when you are desperate for your kids to take a nap, things do not always go as planned. The other part that I was nervous about was that I was reading scripture and would be at the front of the church, my parents would be at the front of the church, Thomas would be at the front of the church, and the kids would be at the back of the church with the bridesmaids. The only person that they knew were Kaci (the bride) and her sister, Kelsi who had her own daughter to care for. All of us have been to weddings where a crisis occurred with the flower girl or ring bearer. With no one that they knew around them that could help them, I knew there was a potential for complications.
The Rehearsal dinner was at the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens. Mom and Dad had Tom Perini cater the dinner. Tom Perini has catered for George Bush, Putin, etc. So, we knew that we were in for a treat! The food was delicious!! The meal started with fried quail legs and jalapino bites. Oh my gosh were they good!! My kids ate up the fried quail legs like they were chicken legs!! The waitresses kept bringing them to them, and finally brought them an entire plate of them!!!


Jackson loving the fried quail legs too!
The evening ended with a video of the bride and groom growing up, toasts, and gifts. My new sister-in-law gave me the most treasured gift. I had mentioned to her that for my wedding, I had wanted to have a handkerchief monogramed with my grandmother's wedding date, my mother's wedding date, etc. When I opened my gift, it was a handkerchief with all of those wedding dates monogramed along with mine and Kaci's date. It was truly a special gift. This handkerchief will become a family tradition where we continue adding wedding dates, and it will be carried in the next family member's wedding. So special.




No comments:
Post a Comment