Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of School

The first day of Kindergarten!!

Lauren posed with her big brother.

Look how excited he was to go to Kindergarten!! He was ready to go!

Jackson and his Star Wars backpack.

Happy boy!

Lauren wanted us to take a picture of her too.

We dropped off Lauren and headed into school.

He was so excited!

Inside of the building. I dropped off my stuff in my office, and Thomas and I took Jackson to his classroom.

Mommy and Daddy with our Kindergartener.

Jackson put up his backpack, and YES, I had already started crying when we walked in the door!

Jackson with Mrs. Walsh

Jackson was the first to arrive (that happens when your mommy works at the school)! He sat right down and started in on his play dough. He didn't hesitate one bit, but I really would have been shocked if he had hesitated.

Mommy and son

Daddy gives one last kiss.


At the end of the day, I took Jackson outside to take a picture with the school sign.

Jackson had a great day for his first day of school! AND it was noted that I was the only mother that cried when dropping off their child in the classroom. I am a Savell after all, and as a Savell, you know tears where going to happen!! I said that the good thing was that I owned my tears, and the other mothers put on their sunglasses as they walked out of the classroom to hide their tears!

What a great start to this adventure of education!

No comments: