Friday, April 20, 2012

A Day in Ellis County

My parents joined us for a day with Grandma the Saturday before Easter.  We drove down and met my parents at the park for a picnic lunch.  Princess Lauren insisted on wearing her puffy pink dress to the park.  I figured in the whole scheme of things, wearing a fancy dress to the park wasn't a big deal, so I let her.  :-)










Jackson found a tree that he loved climbing.




Of course Lauren had to give tree climbing a try too!




Look at that toothless smile!







My sweet girl!



Jackson's big accomplishment in Kindergarten (according to him) is learning how to go across the monkey bars.  He is pretty impressive!  He can go forwards, backwards, sideways, etc.  He was excited to show off his new skills to the family.





Me Too joined in!
For some reason, I don't have any pictures of the kids with Grandma.  Dad and I both had our cameras out, so I'm thinking that all of those pictures were taken with Dad's camera.

After the park fun, we headed to Bristol to look at the bluebonnets.  The bluebonnets were gorgeous!  








As you can tell, Lauren finally got tired of the fluffy dress (even though she looked adorable).  We put her in something a little more comfortable (still a dress though -- she won't wear anything but dresses).




The Louisiana boy loves looking at the bluebonnets too!



The field of bluebonnets was HUGE!  Jackson kept walking along the trails of trampled bluebonnets.  He loved just walking along them.  Dad and I were busy snapping away to capture the best shots of the kids.



Walking. . .





and more walking. . .




and more walking. . .




Pretty girl posing for Papa J.




The family picture.  (Have you ever tried to pose with two kids that don't always cooperate for pictures?  It is an experience!)








Suddenly, Lauren got into posing for us. . .






AND then she put her hand on her hip to pose!!  Where did she get that??







Then she pulled her dress out to pose!!  So funny, and so precious!





Jackson continued walking. . .





and walking. . .





and walking. . .








and walking. . .





What a great day with family!!

No comments: