Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Disney World. . . Here we come!

We finally arrived in Orlando Tuesday afternoon and checked into a hotel outside of the Disney properties. On Wednesday morning, we woke up at the crack of dawn to head to the hotel that we were staying in, the Polynesian. It was beautiful!!

Mama J and Jackson inside the lobby.

After checking in to get our Disney passes, we headed off to Hollywood Studios (once named MGM Studios).

Right outside the gates, we saw a picture opportunity for Thomas.

Thomas as a Storm Trooper.


The family at Hollywood Studios.


Mama J, Jackson and Papa J lead the way.


Jackson quickly fell asleep and ended up missing the Muppet's 3-D show.


Mama J and Papa J on the streets of San Fransisco. ;-)


The Larrivieres pose with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.


We made reservations for lunch. Of course Jackson and Papa J enjoyed ice cream together. Since Jackson was old enough to eat ice cream, Papa J has enjoyed sharing a bowl of ice cream with him. Jackson LOVES this grandfather/grandson bonding experience.


We headed over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Jackson had a blast climbing everything and going down the slides. One time, he headed into a tunnel. I quickly made Jackson stop until a dad reassured me that I would be able to follow Jackson through the tunnel. After we exited the long tunnel that I had to crawl through or crouch down in, I decided that I won "Mom of the Year" for that adventure!!


We caught the parade before heading back to the hotel for some R&R. Jackson watched the parade intently. No smile. . . no wave. . . nothing! One dancer even came up to Jackson to give a high five . . . nothing. When the parade was over, Jackson kept saying that he wanted to see it again. He was soaking everything in!

After the parade, we made our way back to the hotel to get settled in and for everyone to take a nap.

No comments: