Monday, October 6, 2008

Plano Balloon Festival

I realized that I never posted about the Plano Balloon Festival! How did I miss it? For the past four years, I have wanted to go to the Plano Balloon Festival. Something has always been scheduled the same weekend. This year, we had Aggie Football. That didn't stop us though. We drove back earlier than usual on Sunday so that we could be back in time for the last take-off for the weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves! Because balloon launches had taken place five times already, and we were there for the last time, there weren't as many balloons taking off. Many balloonist had chosen not to fly and/or to go home. It was still really need to see balloon after balloon take off though.

Before the launch, we roamed around the festival. They had activities for children. Jackson enjoyed the craft activities.


Jackson shows off his necklace that he made.


He played football and actually threw the ball into the hole twice!


We ended up with a spot right up front. Because it was our first time to the festival, we had no clue what was going on. Next year, we will bring lawn chairs!

The first balloon started going up.

The first balloon takes off!

Jackson and Thomas watch the balloons fill up. Jackson was engrossed with the balloons. I never got the "perfect shot" because he was so interested in the balloons.
Jackson points to the balloons.





There were two unique shaped balloons. One was a rain forest tree, the other was a dragon.


Look there!

One balloon started taking off and went RIGHT over us! It was so cool!


A couple of the balloons just filled up with air and never took off. The dragon balloon seemed to be one of those balloons. Everyone started to leave when suddenly, here comes the dragon balloon over our head!
What a fun event! I can't wait to go next year!

No comments: