I was not able to find any bedding that I liked for baby girl. I really wanted something
girly, floral, and pretty. Custom bedding is WAY over priced, so my mom and I decided to sew it ourselves. The quest was on to find material. We bought the first material (the blue floral print) months ago. After we
received a final confirmation that the baby is a girl, we went from fabric store to fabric store looking for the perfect fabrics to compliment the one that I had already bought. To complicate the purchase, I have a twin bed in the baby's room, so there are two beds to think about. Mom and I finally found the perfect fabrics at a quilt shop in
Carrolton. We spent hours there picking everything out and figure out how much of each fabric we needed. Then the great sewing project began! Mom worked on the baby bed skirt and the sheets. I worked on the bumper pad. The Monday before Thanksgiving, I went ahead and sent Jackson to daycare so that I could sew all day. I was so
excited when I finished it and got the bed arranged!! It turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it too! Now to paint the room, finish the curtains, the diaper stacker, the twin bed. . . .

Jackson was very interested in the sewing projects.

The finished product!!



Made with love. Papa J built the bed with Daddy's help. Mama J and Mommy made the bedding. I think this baby is loved. :-) I can't wait to see her in her bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment