Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Update

We have had a lot of excitement in the Larriviere household. I spent Monday and Tuesday working on sewing projects for my kids rooms. On Wednesday, Jackson and I woke up right after Thomas went off to work and began to get ready to leave for College Station that afternoon. I didn't feel so hot. Well, to make a long story short, I kept not feeling well. In fact, I felt pretty bad. I continued getting ready to leave and even cooked one of my dishes that I was supposed to bring to CS. I finally called Thomas to tell him about my right side hurting. I finally agreed for him to call the doctor. Before I knew it, Thomas was on his way home to take me to the hospital. After a sonogram and X-Rays, we finally found out that I had a kidney stone! My right kidney was completely blocked. Nothing was getting in! I have always heard about the pain involved in kidney stones, and the tales are true! It really, really hurts. Luckily, I was in a good place and was given some good drugs to make me feel better. Little girl kept moving the entire time and kept kicking my kidney too! Wasn't she kind? To add to the excitement, I started having contractions every 3 minutes. We finally got those stopped and the pain magically went away by the next day. I was dismissed Thanksgiving afternoon.

All of the Savell's changed their plans and headed to my house for Thanksgiving. Kaci arrived at my house to find the kitchen in turmoil, (I didn't get it cleaned up before heading to the hospital) and she cleaned it for me. My poor mom, packed up everything that she had bought for Thanksgiving and cooked it at my house on Friday.

When you think about things that you are thankful for, I am definitely thankful for my family. I am so very blessed!!

No comments: