Here are some random pictures from my iPhone from October.
I couldn't resist the big headband! Of course it didn't last long, but oh so cute!
Jackson kept rubbing his eyes when he read and also during writing, so we took him back to the eye doctor. He ended up with glasses. They do help him because he does go and get them out of his backpack daily to do work without reminders from his teacher.
I turned the big 3-5 this month! They years are flying by with my children, and it is hard to believe that I am really in my mid-30's! I decided that I wanted to go to Benihana with my kiddos and our neighbors who are our best friends. Fun times!
The kids loved Benihana and the hats too!
Lauren with my sunglasses on! The little Diva!
This is what I found one night when I went into Lauren's room. She is VERY challenging to get to go to bed, so this was during a time where we told her she could do whatever she wanted after we tucked her in, but she had to stay in her room. The hard thing was that she went to bed with her room clean! By the way, that is a doll next to her on the pillow! There is a story with this doll. . . When Thomas and I first got married, my grandparents gave this "baby" to us with a sweet note to give it back to them when we had a baby of our own. So, we gave it back to them as a way to tell them that we were pregnant with Jackson. Years later, I ended up with it as we cleaned out their house when moving my grandmother into an Assisted Living facility. I tucked it away in Lauren's closet. One day I was outside with the neighbors, when I realized Lauren had gone inside and had been gone for a while. I went to find her, and discovered her with the doll out of the box. She was DELIGHTED!! She said, "Mommy!!! It's a BABY!!!" She was THRILLED!! I ended up deciding that she could go ahead and play with this collectors item, although it is not meant to be played with. Lauren named the baby Sarah.
This is a sleeping beauty -- or Cinderella!
This is the one and only picture you will see of me in this costume!! This was for our annual neighbor's Halloween party. Thomas was out of town, so I sent him this picture. Lauren begged me to dress up like a princess, so in her honor, I did. A cheap Cinderella's dress is not very flattering on a curvy woman like myself! The things you do for your daughter!
This is a typical evening at our house with our neighbors! The kids get along SO well!
Lauren's costume parade through my school on Halloween.
What is up with this smile??
I joined Jackson on his field trip to one of the aquariums that was on Halloween Day. There were so many parents there, that it was just Jackson and I together. It was a fun day!
After the field trip, I headed back to Lauren's school for her Halloween party! Between the parade, field trip, and Halloween party, it was a good day to take off!
Some of Lauren's friends, Ella (above) and Sydney (below).


















No comments:
Post a Comment