Saturday morning, my parents, Thomas, Jackson and myself got up and headed to the State Fair. The first time that I went to the State Fair was when I was 10 years old. That was the last time that my parents went to the fair as well. We kept teasing them that they could continue the tradition and go to the fair again in 20 years (I will be 50 and they will be 74)! When we first arrived at the fair, Jackson was a little overwhelmed, so we headed straight to the animal barns.
We told Jackson that he would get to see some animals at the fair. Jackson kept asking to "see animals" the whole way to the fair and when we first got there, so we headed to the animal barn. First we looked at all of the cows that people were preparing to show. Papa J was in his element and showed Jackson the different types of show animals.
After looking at the show animals, we headed over to the Children's Barnyard where you were allowed to feed and touch a variety of animals.
Jackson was a little hesitant at first but before long. . .
. . . he wanted to feed all of the animals! We quickly ran out of the two containers of food that we bought when we went inside the barn and had to buy more!
Jackson feeds the pig.
The family poses for a picture.
Jackson really liked Big Tex. When we got home, Papa J taught Jackson to say, "Howdy" just like Big Tex. It is too cute! He waves his hand and says howdy in a deep voice.
The Larrivieres pose by Big Tex.
We made our way into the car show. We had fun looking at all of the cars and dreaming a little too. I had to sit in the Mustang and reminisce. Jackson liked sitting in the Mustang too! I miss driving my Mustang! Maybe one day. . .
Of course we ate and ate and ate at the fair. (For those of you that have never been to the State Fair -- that is what you do at the fair. While the fair is open, everyone -- news anchors, radio DJs, friends, coworkers, everyone in the DFW metroplex-- talk about the food.) Mama J and Papa J bought cotton candy for Jackson. It was fun to watch him eat it. When he was done eating, he hopped off the bench and fell down - face first! Yikes! He barely cried though, but he was covered in dirt. The dirt stuck to the cotton candy residue on his face!
More cotton candy!
We took a break on the curb to watch a little of the A&M versus Tech game. When we sat down, the Aggies were doing pretty good. As soon as we sat down, Tech scored a touchdown. We got up pretty fast and continued down the way!
Before we left, Papa J took Jackson on the Merry Go Round. After the Washington DC experience where Jackson did not want to sit on the horse and Papa J had to hold him as the Merry Go Round went round and round quickly, he knew to sit on the bench!
After the Merry Go Round -- Jackson had a ball!
We had a few tickets left, so I took Jackson. Did he want to sit on the bench? No! He was ready to go on a horse, so I sat him on the horse that did not go up and down. The little boy knew that that horse did not go up and down and wanted to get on one that did! I put him on one that moved and off we went. As soon as the horse started moving up, Jackson's face lit up! He started smiling and kept saying, "Mommy" while patting my back. It was really sweet, and I am glad that we did that together.
We left the fair and headed home. Jonathan was at the house waiting for us with prime rib! Yummy! I had a wonderful birthday and was glad that I got to spend it with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment