Thursday, October 4, 2007

Multicultural Parade

On Friday, Jackson's daycare had a multicultural parade. We planned on Mama J attending the parade. Because she was at the hospital taking care of my grandma that had hip replacement surgery, we were unsure if she would make it to the parade, so I left work early and headed to Jackson's daycare. While driving, I spoke to Mama J and it turned out that she was heading to Jackson's daycare as well. The race was on to see who could make it there in time for the parade. I ended up arriving first, but still a little late. Jackson's class was already sitting down to watch the performances. As soon as Jackson saw me, he started crying. He was so confused!


Luckily Mama J arrived after all of the performances (Jackson's class ended up not performing) because Jackson saw her, stood up and took off running into her arms! It was too sweet! Mama J and I helped to heard the 1 1/2 year olds back into the building, and started to help calm the children down that were upset that their parents were not there.


When we finally left, we stopped by Braum's for a little ice cream treat! It was a nice Friday afternoon!



No comments: