I was excited Monday because I had a day off and could spend it with Jackson. Jackson and I spent the day playing, reading, coloring and singing. I even broke out some of my old "classroom stuff" for him to play with. It was a nice day.
While we played together, the plumbers came over to fix the broken pipe UNDER the house. We had them tunnel under the house to make the repairs. Luckily, the break was close to the edge of the house. All of a sudden, Jackson and I looked out the window and there was a HUGE hole that the workers had dug! A worker was standing in the hole and the top of his head was level with the ground! The whole experience was interesting, especially when they started jack-hammering the foundation.
Just hanging around.
This weekend, I started seeing Jackson using his imagination during play. First, he started "pouring apple juice" for us in cups. He would bring it to us and then ask, "more apple juice?" We would say, "sure". He would pretend to pour juice and then give it to us. On Monday, he really got into playing with his pirate ship. I taught him how to have the pirate walk up the steps, and he started doing the same thing. Then, before I knew it, Jackson started putting the pirate on the bed inside of the ship. He suddenly ran to his room and came back with his blanket. Jackson put the blanket on the pirate laying in the bed and then started making snoring sounds! It was too cute!!
Playing with bean bags.
Blocks anyone?
Jackson can even spell his name. (Just kidding! Of course I spelled out his name for him.)
Jackson loves to clean up. It seems to bother him if things are not in their right place. He loves to close drawers (even if you are getting something out of them), put clothes in the dirty clothes basket, pick up toys, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment