Now that Thomas has a different job (since Labor day at least), he is traveling more and more. About two weeks ago, he went out of town for several days. The first day, my check engine light came on. Luckily, it was a false alarm. The next day, the DFW area had a really big wind storm. I picked up Jackson and headed home. Jackson and I pulled into the house and I said, "Look Jackson, we still have trees!" (Last time we had a big wind storm, we lost our big beautiful tree in the back yard.) I walked in the house with Jackson talking to Thomas on the phone. Jackson and I continued to check the mail while I talked to Thomas. I noticed that the house was cold, so I turned the heat up and headed to the family room. Jackson began playing when I noticed a draft. I looked at the windows, the sliding glass door, and suddenly looked up. The skylight was OFF!!! Long story short, Thomas' friend Bryant came over with his family to fix the hole in our roof! I had also called my brother Jonathan to the rescue. He arrived just as Bryant finished -- what timing. After two eventuful days, I was excited to get Thomas home again!

The view of the skylight from inside the family room.

The wind lifted the skylight cover off and moved it over. Thank goodness it was not broken. The skylight is just plastic! Who knew??
No comments:
Post a Comment