I signed Jackson up for choir at church this year. He has never been shy in front of crowds, so I thought he might like it. The first choir practice did not go so well. He decided that he did not like choir. I told him that he made a commitment that went through Christmas, and he had to stay in choir until that point. If he still did not like it, then he could choose to not continue. BIG MISTAKE!! After the third week, he really liked choir! He had a great time at practice, and LOVED performing at church (although he normally just stood there singing and did not do the hand motions). Even though he loved going to choir, he brought up the fact that he had a choice on whether he stayed in choir or not. In December, all of the children's choirs had a big Christmas performance both at church and then at 3:00 in the afternoon. Jackson did a great job in the morning (when I didn't have my cameras), and at the afternoon performance, Jackson just stood there! No singing! No hand motions! Oh well. Stay tuned to see what he decides to do in the Spring!
Getting ready to sing.
Jackson at the choir performance in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment