I LOVE Christmas time! It was fun having the kids participate in so many Christmas traditions.
Jackson and Lauren were really into decorating this year. I decorate A LOT too! Two trees, and lots of "sit abouts" too. Jackson helped me put out all of the decorations and decorate both trees. He was really fun! He would ask where I got each ornament and what each one meant. It was special passing on the traditions and memories to him. Lauren got into it as well and had a lot of fun learning how to decorate a Christmas tree!
Lauren, Jackson and Thomas putting the ornaments on the tree.
Jackson loved remembering ornaments from years past.
Another tradition that continued was the Elf on the Shelf returned. "Tink" showed up on our front door one evening. Jackson was SO excited! He started jumping up and down and screaming, "Tink is back! Tink is back!" I was a little surprised about how excited he was! He was VERY excited! Poor Lauren didn't know what to think! Of course, she was too little last year to remember Tink. After I read the book, Lauren started crying because she didn't want Tink to go back to the North Pole at night. After one night, she understood, and got into the tradition.

Tink was so much fun for the kids! Thomas and I both agreed that having Tink at our house definitely helped the morning routine! The kids would bounce out of bed to run and find Tink every morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment