Back in the beginning of November, Jackson brought home a flier for a fun run called the Rudolph Run. He asked me if I would do it with him since we like to exercise together. Of course I said yes. What a sweet boy he is! We ended up asking our neighbors Krista and Avery to join us too. We spent several nights practicing running a mile (I know, it is pitiful that I needed practice too, but I just am not a runner!) Finally the morning came. Krista and Avery couldn't join us because they had a funeral to go to, so it was just Jackson and myself. The morning was a little rainy, so we got bundled up and headed to the run. We got there a little early because I have never done a run before and didn't know what I was doing! Finally, the time came for the run. The horn went off, and Jackson took off! He was in a full sprint! He kept weaving in and out and around people. I was worried that I was going to loose him! The sad thing was that he was going so fast, I had to tell him to walk for a second for me to catch my breath!! We sprinted the last third of the run to the finish line. I didn't time us, but we were back at the finish line 9 minutes after the horn went off, and we were pretty far back from the starting line when the horn went off! After the race, Jackson said, "I'm sorry I was going so fast Mommy. I just wanted to win!" It was such a fun experience, and I look forward to more fun runs with my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment