Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to Work

Friday, May 1st was my first day back to work. I was so blessed to have 12 weeks off to spend time with Lauren and Jackson. As my maternity leave came to an end, I found myself reflecting back about the time spent at home with my baby. It was hard to believe that January 30th was my first day at home. I spent the week before Lauren came just relaxing at home, preparing for Lauren, and having some girly days with my mom. Then Lauren came on February 9th. What a wonderful day! I have enjoyed every second with her.

Here are some things about Lauren:
She is an easy going baby. She has an even temperament. She rarely cries. She is so content just lying on her mat and kicking her feet. She is content sitting in her chair. My favorite is cuddling her! She loves to snuggle in tight and rock. Lauren also loves to "talk". She looks you straight in the eyes and "talks" to you. When I say "talk", she really tries to have a conversation! It is so funny! When you lay her on her changing pad to change her diaper, she normally looks right at you and carries on a conversation. Today, she tried to talk to Papa J. He kept saying, "hello" to her. She kept making sounds like she was trying to say "hello" back! She also seems to be observant. On Wednesday, I laid her on her changing pad and started crying thinking about leaving her on Friday. She looked right at me, stopped kicking her feet, and started "talking" to me. It felt like she was saying, "Mommy, it is ok. I will be alright." What a sweet girl. Lauren also has the best smile. When she smiles, her huge dimple really shows up. She doesn't give her smiles freely away, but when she gives them, they light up the room.

We are so very blessed to have such a wonderful little girl in our lives. I am so blessed to be her Mommy. Although, I was so sad and heartbroken that our time at home together was over, I am also looking forward to the many adventures and experiences we will have together as a Mother/Daughter team.

No comments: