Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Potty Time

Well, Jackson is officially potty trained!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I have not had to clean out poo out of underwear for weeks. I almost hate to write this in fear of jinxing everything!

For months, Jackson has been interested in chewing gum. I kept telling him that he wasn't old enough. One day, I told him that only big boys chew gum and he is not a big boy until he uses the potty. (I was desperate!) He latched on to this idea. Well, the other day when he used the potty, he remembered that he gets to chew gum. Thomas and I packed Jackson and Lauren into the car and headed over to Wal-Mart to purchase gum. Jackson picked out the kind of gum he wanted and we headed home. When we got home, we called Mama J and Papa J on Skype so that they could witness this huge milestone. It was so funny! Jackson was so excited to get to finally chew gum. We went over all of the rules for gum chewing and finally, the time came. He opened the piece popped it in his mouth and WENT TO TOWN chewing it! It was really fun! He could barely talk because he was so engrossed in chewing gum. After about 15 minutes, he was tired of chewing it and spit it out.

The moment was so much fun. I will have to remember to withhold gum from Lauren for a while too!
Jackson with his gum.
And the chewing begins.

No comments: