Monday, May 25, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was wonderful! This was the first Mother's Day that we celebrated. My first Mother's Day was spent with my entire extended family, so we really concentrated on my grandmother and mother. The next year, Thomas and Jackson went to New Orleans for my nieces graduation party (with my permission and encouragement of course). Last year, I went to Houston to visit my Dad while he was in the hospital at MD Anderson. So, this was my first true Mother's Day celebration.

On Saturday, I went shopping for myself all by myself. It was wonderful! It is not often that I get to spend some time by myself doing something for myself. Then Saturday night, we went to Benihana. I thought Jackson would really enjoy the hibachi grill. Turns out, he LOVED it! Sunday morning was church day and home for the rest of the day. It was a nice Mother's Day weekend!


Lauren in her seat.
Jackson loved his hat!

Mommy and daughter

Mommy and son

Jackson is very proficient at chopsticks. Amazing! He cracks us up every time we eat Chinese and he uses them perfectly!


Jackson's meal came with ice cream. He was in heaven!
A proud mommy (with an ice cream mouth son)!

No comments: