Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dinner With Italians

Monday night was a fun night. Dad's students and fellow professor invited us out to eat real Italian pizza. It was an experience to have dinner with Italians. Everyone had lots of laughs! They were also wonderful with Jackson and Lauren. I have always heard that Italians love babies, and I don't agree with that statement. They ADORE babies! It was shocking to see how EVERYONE reacted to Lauren!! In the US, most people don't pay an attention to babies and children. In fact, Americans tend to get annoyed with strollers and push to get around them. This was not the case in Italy. Everywhere we went, Italians stopped us and said, "bella bambina" (pretty baby). They cooed, smiled, and just oohed and ahhed over her. They even got out of the way for the strollers!! Dinner with Italians proved to be the same with the adoration of my children.

Jackson got ready to eat his pizza. We told the Italians to just order for us. They ordered a pizza for each of us!!


Jackson learned to point to his cheek and turn his finger to mean "wonderful". Everyone loved that he kept doing this motion.


One of the Italian grad students really took to Jackson. She was wonderful for entertaining him. Dinners in Italy are extremely long, and he did get bored.


One of the grad students had a birthday. He invited Jackson to help him blow out his candles.


Everyone loved Lauren!

1 comment:

Sam and Courtney said...

Hey Jennifer!

I have enjoyed reading about your adventure to Italy! I actually woke up one morning to an email from my mom telling me I needed to read your blog (about your plane trip)...and I think her words were, "If she can do it, so can you!" It looks like y'all had a wonderful time, and I think you are a super mommy!!!

Courtney Noynaert